Autism Services from The Practice | mK
Assessment & Diagnosis
At The Practice | MK our Principal Psychologist, Katherine Goodsell has gained years of experience of assessing and diagnosing autism and autism spectrum disorder for both adults and children in private and NHS settings.
Together with The Practice MK, Katherine has developed a leading diagnostic assessment service that can deliver full diagnostic assessments and provide comprehensive reports within 6 weeks of your assessment. Our reports can be useful in a number of ways.
- Fast Professional Diagnosis
- Identify interventions and strategies to help you, your family, school or work place
- Provide schools with recommendations on how a diagnosis of autism or ASD may effect a child's ability to access the curriculum
- Identify local services that may help provide further support
Multi Disciplinary Team
For our 'child' and 'young persons' autism diagnostic assessment, we provide this service through our Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT) consisting of:
- Principal Psychologist
- Consultant Paediatrician
- Consultant Psychiatirst
- Educational Psychologist
- Occupational Therapist
- Associate Speech and Language Therapist
Each child or young person is unique and as such their diagnostic assessment is unique. They may not necessary see all of our MDT, as we will build the team around their needs.
When someone is diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder the natural question to ask is "What happens next?"
Depending where you are on the spectrum and what challenges you face we can provide tailored interventions that may help you manage particular difficulties.