Note about diagnosing ADHD

Diagnosing ADD/ADHD is usually undertaken by a doctor; usually a child and adolescent psychiatrist, a paediatrician, paediatric neurologist or a general practitioner, trained in the diagnosis and treatment of ADHD. 

The SpLD Assessment Standards Committee  (SASC) recommends that practitioner psychologists and specialist teacher assessors who have relevant training can identify specific learning difficulties and patterns of behaviour that together would strongly suggest a student has ADHD; and in this situation they can make relevant recommendations for support at Further and or Higher Education institutions. 

If we identify ADHD through our comprehensive assessment we will recommend that you see your GP for a further medical diagnosis as it may be possible to access medicines to help with the condition.

Our reports will provide evidence towards additional support at school if required.