NHS referrals for Autism Diagnostic Assessments
The Practice MK is currently only able to accept NHS funded referrals from within the Milton Keynes area. Whilst we are more than happy to accept a referral from any NHS trust, your assessment will only be automatically funded if you are registered with a practice within Milton Keynes and your referral has been accepted by the Milton Keynes Clinical Commissioing Group.
Patients aged 16 and over may be referred by their GP or self refer to Milton Keynes Clinical Commissioning Group.
- First speak to your GP about your concerns and discuss your reasons for considering an assessment for autism spectrum
- Your GP will determine if an assessment for autism spectrum is appropriate for you
- Your referral will need to be reviewed by the Milton Keynes Clinical Commissioning Group. If accepted, it will be forwarded to our Case Management Team
- Once we have received your referral you will be contacted by a member of the Case Management Team within 48 hours. We will also acknowledge your referral from your GP within 24 hours
- You will need to complete a Service Acknowledgement and Consent Form before we are able to offer you an assessment appointment date. Please complete this as soon as possible to ensure we can offer you the earliest possible appointment. The form is available on our website under Client Forms
- Once we have received this you will be sent a number of self-assessments to complete prior to your appointment with your psychologist
- Your assessment will take place at our practice at Warren Park
- After your assessment we will invite you to attend a post assessment consultation approximately 4 weeks after your assessment so we can provide you with feedback
- You will receive a post assessment letter summarising the outcome
- We aim to deliver your full report within 2 weeks from your post assessment appointment
A copy of your post assessment letter will be automatically forwarded to your GP. If appropriate, it will include any recommendations for further support. Your report will only be sent to you via encrypted email but you may forward it to whomever you wish.