NHS referrals for Autism Diagnostic Assessments
The Practice MK is currently only able to accept NHS funded referrals from within the Milton Keynes area. Whilst we are more than happy to accept a referral from any NHS trust, your assessment will only be automatically funded if you are registered with a practice within Milton Keynes and your referral has been accepted by the Milton Keynes Clinical Commissioing Group.
Patients aged 16 and over
Not under current mental health services or whose needs are already being addressed
Patients not eligible for Adult learning Disability Services
- First speak to your GP about your concerns and discuss with them why you suspect you may have autism.
- Your GP will then need to decide whether to refer you for assessment.
- Your referral will need to be reviewed by the Milton Keynes Clinical Commissioning Group. If accepted, it will be forwarded to our Case Management Team
- Once we have received your referral you will be contacted by a member of the Case Management Team within 48 hours. We will also acknowledge your referral with your GP within 24 hours.
- You will need to complete a Service Acknowledgement and Consent Form before we are able to offer you an assessment appointment date. Please return this as soon as possible.
- Once completed and returned to us, you will be sent a number of self-assessments to complete prior to your appointment with us.
- UPDATE (12/12/17): - Assessment appointments are being offered 8 to 10 weeks from when we receive completed Service Acknowledgement and Consent Forms back from patients.
- Following your assessment we will invite you to attend a post assessment consultation so we can provide you with feedback.
- We aim to deliver your full report within 6 weeks from your assessment with us
A copy of your report will be automatically be forwarded to your GP with any recommendations for further support.