Speech and Language Therapy in Milton Keynes
Speech and language therapy provides life-changing treatment, support and care for children and adults who have difficulties with communication, or with eating, drinking and swallowing.
Our partner SLTs assess and treat speech, language and communication problems in children, adolescents and adults to help them communicate better. They also assess, treat and develop personalised plans to support people who have eating and swallowing problems.
Using specialist skills, SLTs work directly with clients, parents and schools to provide them with tailored support. They also work closely with other health professionals, such as doctors, nurses, other allied health professionals and psychologists to develop individual treatment programmes.
Consultations and assessments with a fully qualified, accredited SLT.
1:1 therapy for children and adults.
Specialist therapies include The Lidcombe Program, The Listening Program, Makaton, Talk Tools, smiLE Therapy
Elklan and Makaton workshops available for schools and parents.
What can we help with?
Children, adolescents and adults covering
- Speech and Language therapy
- Attention and Listening difficulties
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Auditory processing difficulties
- Voice Disorders
- Hearing Impairment
- Word Finding Difficulties
- Listening & Attention Skills
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Specific Language Impairment
- Dysphagia; Eating & Drinking Difficulties
- Language: Understanding & Using Words & Sentences, Delay & Disorders
- Phonological awareness difficulties
Services for Parents and Schools
- Parent Support Meetings
- Staff and parent training sessions
- Educational Commisioning Services